What do you want people to do when they visit your website?
In the excellent book 'Inbound Marketing' the authors (Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah) advise "it's important to provide a variety of different ways for visitors to further engage - not just calling you or requesting services".
- subscribing to an email newsletter
- subscribing to a blog
- requesting a free demonstration of services or sample of products
- requesting a 30 minute expert consultation
- requesting access to a free class
- requesting a white paper or report
- requesting an e-book.
The aim is to give your website visitors helpful information to enable them to do their jobs better. This offer should stand out, be a clickable image at the top of the page, and should be on every page for which it is relevant.